Please check your email for the OTP, if not received please refresh the page and try again, also check your spam folders.
Required Skills: Bachelor’s (Accounting/Finance) + CA , Statutory Audit- Junior Manager
Required Exp: 0 to 2 years
Category: CA Jobs
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
• Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
• Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
• Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
• Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
• Work with auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
● Creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture
● Cohesively work with a lot of people, across functions and teams every day
● Coordinate with other departments for compatibility of all aspects of each project
● Develop comprehensive project plans along with key stakeholders
● Program manage initiatives that are driven centrally for Technology improvements
● Track Program/Project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
● Engage with various Business & Technology Teams within Paytm to identify common bottlenecks esp. on Technology front
● Enable and encourage use of common services to increase the speed of development and execution
● Smart thinking and clear communication
● Use and continually develop leadership skills
● Be a brand ambassador for Paytm – Stay Hungry, Stay Humble, Stay Relevant!
Superpowers/ Skills that will help you succeed in this role
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Qualified as Chartered Accountant.
• 1 to 3 years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
• Thorough knowledge of Ind AS GAAP
• Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
• Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
• Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
Compensation:If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you
With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!