Please check your email for the OTP, if not received please refresh the page and try again, also check your spam folders.
Required Skills: Bachelor’s/Master’s , Junior Financial Accountant
Required Exp: 3 to 5 years
Category: Accountants Jobs
Job Reference #
Are you subject matter expert for Financial Accounting? Do you perform analytical reviews?
We are looking for someone to:
• perform financial accounting, controlling and reporting tasks with regards to assigned areas within the variable compensation, post-employment benefits (e.g. pensions), grantor entity controlling and other compensation matter (e.g. accounting for severance and restructuring programs) streams
• build up subject matter expertise in the area of responsibility
• prepare complex calculations, reconciliations and accounting journal entries across P&L and balance sheet
• prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc management reporting to senior stakeholders as well as external reporting
• perform analytical reviews of P&L and balance sheet movements by understanding the underlying business drivers, compensation plans and accounting treatments
• perform timely and accurate reconciliations of P&L and balance sheet general ledger accounts against source systems
• execute appropriate controls throughout all financial accounting and reporting processes
• respond to queries from entity controllers around the globe, independently resolve issues raised and build up strong relationships with your key business partners
• ensure risks and issues in processes are identified, reported, escalated and mitigated
• suggest process improvements to ensure process efficiency and effectiveness, ensure processes are consistently executed conform global procedures and policies
Compensation Controlling Services is a global team within the Accounting, Controlling and Reporting function of UBS with a presence in Pune, New York, London and Zurich. The team is a global center of excellence and is responsible for all accounting, controlling and reporting related to global variable compensation plans, post-employment benefits, grantor entity controlling, financial advisor compensation in the US and other compensation matters.
In this role, which is located in the UBS office in Pune, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the Compensation Controlling area and become the key subject matter expert in your area of responsibility. You will closely collaborate with your colleagues and stakeholders around the globe.
• bachelor or Master degree in Finance / Economics with a strong understanding of accounting principles and concepts
• minimum 3 years of relevant experience within financial accounting, controlling or reporting, preparing, calculating and posting complex journal entries
• experience in data analysis, financial reporting and reconciliations of financial data
• very good knowledge of MS Excel (working knowledge of pivot tables and vlookups is a must)
• excellent written and spoken English
• quick grasp of conceptually complex accounting frameworks (e.g. IAS19 Employee Benefits and IFRS2 Share-based Payment)
• strong analytical and numerical skills
• ability to work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and adhering to the required quality standard
• experience in the financial industry or a multinational company
• experience with large accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
• Knowledge of VBA
Source: UBS Website