Please check your email for the OTP, if not received please refresh the page and try again, also check your spam folders.
Required Skills: CA/CFA/Master’s (Finance) , Valuations Controller – Rates
Required Exp: 3 to 5 years
Category: CFA Jobs
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about the financial markets? Are you an innovator who loves to solve problems? We are looking for someone to use their expertise and join UBS Valuation Control Group in Mumbai
• Responsible to review & perform the Independent Price Testing (IPV) of Fair Valued Assets & Liabilities in the Rates and FX ; Products include Bonds, Swaps, Swaptions, Bermudans, FX Options etc.
• Computation & reporting of reserves for the Rates and FX business
• Discuss & agree with Desk, Finance and Valuation Methodology teams on product valuation, month end IPV adjustments & reserve numbers
• Review & perform Prudential Valuation calculation for the fair valued positions in the Rates business
• Review of monthly Valuation packs along with commentaries explaining the Reserves & IPV numbers
• On a continuous basis review/challenge client needs and prepare reports in standardized format, with adhoc reports and analysis for senior management
• Represent the team during internal & external audits, running the auditors through the different processes in detail & resolving their queries
The role exists within the Valuation Control Group which is part of Group Finance. The function is responsible for the validation of the final reported valuations of trading products & derivatives through a combination of independent price verification (IPV) and reserving techniques. The VCG team is global with a significant presence in India.
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Chartered Accountant , CFA or Masters from an institute of repute, 3+ years of experience in Finance industry working in valuations, research, valuation methodologies or similar profiles
• Strong communication skills, should be able to express & explain to different audience effectively
• Ability to critically think, review & challenge valuation methodologies
• Strong understanding of derivatives pricing concepts, methodologies (swaps and options) and associated risks
• Attention to detail and strong process improvement capabilities
• Ability to multitask, work independently, willingness and capability to build robust control environment for IPV & regulatory reporting
• Strong product knowledge across financial instruments with expertise in Rates. Ability to learn products within other asset classes.
• Resolve complex issues independently and communicate results to all stakeholders in a timely manner.
• A very strong communicator and can present ideas with people at all levels
• A team player