Please check your email for the OTP, if not received please refresh the page and try again, also check your spam folders.
Required Skills: Company Secretary & Paralegal
Required Exp: 6 to 10 years
Category: CS Jobs
Location: Mumbai, IN
Company: Carestream Health
The position is accountable for providing legal support to Country business and perform the statutory activities required by a Company Secretary.
Key Responsibilities: Company Secretary:
• Play a vital link between the company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities
• Handle end to end secretarial matters of company. To effectively take care of routine Company Law Compliance, Board and Sub Committee meetings, Filing returns monthly MIS and overall functions of the Secretarial Department of to handle the entire gamut of company secretarial work independently. He/She should be fully conversant with The Companies Act, ROC (e-ROC) Compliance.
• Advising on good governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under various Corporate, Securities and Other Business Laws and regulations and guidelines made thereunder.
• Filing, registering any document including forms, returns and applications by and on behalf of the company as an authorized representative
• Maintenance of secretarial records, statutory books and registers
• Arranging board/general meetings and preparing minutes thereof
• All work relating to shares and their transfer and transmission
• Loan Documentation, registration of charges, status and search reports
• Drafting of prospectus/offer for sale/letter of offer/other documents related to issue of securities and obtaining various approvals in association with lead managers
• Advisory services to companies on tax management and tax planning under Income Tax, Excise and Customs Laws
• Preparing/reviewing various returns and reports required for compliance with tax laws and regulations
• Keep up to date on developments in corporate secretarial matters
• Provide support and assistance to APAC/EMEA Legal Director.
• Primary region of responsibility is India. Will include APAC and EMEA regions depending on needs.
• Responsible for directly monitoring all legal work and associated fees associated with outside legal counsel retained to support the organization in any way, to ensure high-quality work performed within budget.
• Closely monitor and facilitate resolution of disputes and litigation together with the help of outside counsel, including maintaining a database of on-going litigation.
• Monitor business activities for potential disputes, claims and litigation.
• Closely monitor outside counsel legal expenditure.
• Preparation and support of basic legal documents like NDAs, formal correspondence etc.
• Monitor requirement for legal support by the organization’s business units and functions.
• Provide support relating to M&A activities.
• Contract management support including maintaining database of signed contracts and templates.
• Basic research and information gathering on legal issues.
• Maintain current knowledge of legal issues of importance to the organization’s business.
• Company Secretary (CS), Member of ICSI
• Additional Qualification in Paralegal Practices/ company law is desired
• LLB a plus but not required
Must have at least 6-8 years experience as company secretary and paralegal in an MNC (preferred) or large local company. Experience in healthcare, medical devices, pharma companies would be an added advantage
• Communication & Interpersonal
• Planning Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Problem Solving
• Detail Orientation
• Sound Judgement
Behavioral & Technical Competencies:
• Research orientation
Candidates based at Mumbai/willing to relocate to Mumbai can aply for this position
Source: Carestream Health Website