Please check your email for the OTP, if not received please refresh the page and try again, also check your spam folders.
Required Skills: CS , Consultant - Tax - TMT - Global Compliance & Reporting
Required Exp: 0 to 2 years
Category: CS Jobs
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Global Compliance Reporting (GCR) – Corporate Secretarial Services
EY’s global compliance and reporting services is a part of larger Tax Advisory Services practice and it assists clients in redesigning and implementing global statutory accounting and tax compliance processes. EY provides company secretarial services as part of Global Compliance and Reporting services.
The corporate Secretarial services and company law compliance advisory team is currently in the process of ramping up in Bangalore is looking for an able leader to lead this growing team.
The incumbent will head business engagements related to corporate secretarial support and company law compliance advisory across locations in India. Profile will also involve dealing with FEMA/RBI compliance advisory. Excellent inter-personal skills, business development skills and good acumen of client business is essential.
Your key responsibilities
The primary focus of this role is to build the practice through client acquisitions, expand and manage delivery within the Corporate Secretarial Services Practice. S/he will be responsible for developing relationships at the CXO level, help define their Compliance needs related to Companies act, Securities Laws, Forward Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1952, FEMA, Insurance Act etc.
• Advising companies on applicable laws and ensure regular compliance related to Companies act, Securities Laws, Forward Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1952, FEMA, Insurance Act etc.
• Handling regulatory authorities viz. Registrar of Companies, Regional Director, Forward Markets Commission Company Law Board, Stock Exchanges, SEBI, RBI and other Regulatory Authorities
• Ensuring compliance as per various corporate laws applicable
• Managing secretarial procedures like Convening of Board, Committee and Shareholders Meeting and maintaining secretarial records as per law
• Liasoning with law firms, counsels, consultants
• Actively and effectively supports the efficiency and productivity of the engagement (budgeting, billings and recoveries)
• Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on issues of pricing, overruns, etc.
• Leading and coordinating the planning and management of assignments- pricing, billing and recovery, maximizing fee opportunities- with guidance from the Partner
Skills and attributes for success
• Good commercial acumen and very strong technical skills.
• Good interpersonal and networking skills
• Strong marketing and business development skills.
• Team player.
• Strong leadership skills [creates high performance climate; serves as a role model, mentor, coach]
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong analytical ability, logical and problem solving approach on complex issues.
• In depth understanding of competition and competitor strategies.
• Technical competence in Tax and also the industry / specialized field
To qualify for the role you must have
• Qualified CS from ICSI or a Degree / Masters in company Law / equivalent along with CS is an added advantage.
• 1-3 years of post – qualified experience preferably in a consulting role with CA firms / legal firms / Corporates
Ideally you’ll also have
• Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills
• Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
• Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Source: EY Website