Please check your email for the OTP, if not received please refresh the page and try again, also check your spam folders.
Required Skills: MBA/Graduate , Senior Manager - KAM Grocery
Required Exp: 3 to 5 years
Category: MBA Jobs
About the role
A large part of Flipkart's growth as far as categories are concerned is through the management and development of Key accounts. Ever since Flipkart's migration to a marketplace model, there has been a keen focus on the development of key accounts for the growth of respective categories. Key accounts for a category can include large brands or large vendors who deal with products from a particular line. The incumbent will be given sole responsibility of a number of key accounts, and will thereby be expected to grow the category as far as key accounts are concerned.
About the team
Flipkart's first online grocery supermarket, in a store-in-store format. Currently launched in 5 cities - Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi-NCR & Mumbai. Wide assortment of household products made available online at high quality and freshness standards; at best prices. Join a team obsessed with providing best value & experience to the customers, progressively shaping the business and industry evolution through systematic learning & experimentation
What you’ll do:
● Know the customer: Deeply understand customer behaviour, develop new customer insights
● Own the business: Co-own the P&L, develop the business model, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business to service them
● Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
● Know the competition: Understand on-line and off-line players. Ensure Flipkart selection stays well ahead of the competition
● Influence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required
● Develop deep and long standing relationship with the vendors - to drive relationships from the strategic to the tactical
● Own the terms of business with the vendor - products, returns, ordering, etc.
● Ensure high-share of mind from the vendor. Build deep ties.
● Make vendors partners in driving disruptive changes for the category Market Understanding
● Develop a thorough knowledge of the market - short term and long term trends
● Have an in depth knowledge of competition and vendor and ability to influence the market
● Develop and implement industry best practices. move the industry with you!
Selection and Offers
● Own buying cost improvement and overall portfolio management
● Manage in store promotions along with brands - make brands partners in customer communication
● Make Flipkart the “destination of choice” for the customers through the largest and the greatest assortment of products on offer
● Drive portfolio management for best offers and discounts for the customers
Purchasing and Inventory
● Key driver of working capital management and inventory - ensure an optimal
● Develop and manage a purchase strategy with the brands to ensure best selection along with the optimal cost and service.
What you’ll need:
● Educational background – Graduation, MBA from Tier 1 Institute
● Knowledge of Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
● Desire and ability to think like the customer
● Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
● Highly analytical
● Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
● Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
● Strong understanding of technology and business
● Must be willing to learn
● Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
● Strong bias for Action - Flipkart works at a very rapid pace
Business Development , Negotiation , Business Analytics
Years Of Exp:
Above 3 Years
Source: Flipkart Website