Refund process at MCA......
Refund Payment Process at MCA:
- Can I claim refund of wrong or excess payment made at MCA / ROC portal. What is refund process of MCA / ROC?
- In which situations refund of MCA / ROC fees is available?
- Refund of stamp duty paid with eforms of MCA / ROC for excess/ incorrect payment is also possible?
- How to apply to claim refund at MCA / ROC?
- Is there any services for which refund services is not applicable at MCA / ROC?
- What will be the process of claiming refund of amalgamated company, Whether the transferee company can claim the refund of MCA / ROC excess payments?
- Is there any time limit for filing refund eForm at MCA / ROC?
- Is there any fee for filing the refund eForm at MCA / ROC?
- How Refund approved by MCA / ROC will be paid?
- Refund eForm filed has been rejected by MCA / ROC. Can file the refund eForm again in respect of the same SRN?
- Refund eform Status is shown as "Eligible for refund" at MCA portal, but I have not yet received the refund. What need to be done?
1 Can I claim refund of wrong or excess payment made at MCA / ROC portal. What is refund process of MCA / ROC?
While making various payments at MCA, A number of times we make multiple payments or incorrect payment or excess payment. In order to resolve the problem faced by users and make them able to claim refund of such payments, refund process has been introduced by MCA, which can be excess at below link
The refund of MCA / ROC fees is available in the following cases:
a) Multiple Payments – – This is the situation where user makes payments more than once (multiple times) for the same service. However, refund shall not be allowed in respect of approved eForms.
b) Incorrect Payments – This is the case where user has made payment in respect of an eForm or Stamp duty through an incorrect option under Pay miscellaneous fee facility.
c) Excess Payment – This is the case where user has paid any excess fee due to some incorrect data entered in the eForm or incorrect data in MCA21 system.
No, for refund of stamp duty is not possible through MCA / ROC. For that user need to approach the concerned state/ union territory.
To claim Refund at MCA / ROC fill the ‘Refund Form’ available on MCA21 portal.
Refund process is not applicable for the following services/ eForms:
•Public Inspection of documents
•Request for Certified Copies
•Payment for transfer deeds
•STP Forms i.e. Form 20B, 23AC, 66, 21A, 23ACA, Form 14 – LLP (even for cases when the same were non STP earlier)
•Form No. DIR-3/old form DIN – 1
6 What will be the process of claiming refund of amalgamated company, Whether the transferee company can claim the refund of MCA / ROC excess payments?
Yes, In case of amalgamation of two or more companies, filing shall be allowed by the transferee company.
Yes, the refund form is to be filed within the stipulated time period, as there shall be deduction in the amount to be refunded based on time period within which refund eForm is filed.
The following is the time slab for filing refund form and the corresponding deduction in refund amount:
No. of Days within which Refund % of Deduction
Application is filed
0-90 days 2.50%
91-180 days 5%
181-270 days 7.50%
271-365 days 10%
More than 365 days 25%
Refund form shall not be allowed to file after expiry of 1095 days of filing of the original form.
For all forms filed before introduction of refund process, the time limit shall be considered from the date on which the refund process is introduced i.e. from 01/05/2011.
No, for filing refund eform at MCA / ROC there is no fee for filing.
At present refund shall be paid through cheque only. No ECS / Direct deposit is allowed at present.
Yes, In case of rejection the refund form can be filed again. However, filing of refund form in respect of the same request is rejected twice, filing of another refund eform shall not be allowed.
After marking eform as "Eligible for refund", MCA intimate through email along with the format of G.A.R 33. This GAR 33 is also available at the ‘Track Transaction status’ functionality available on the MCA21 portal.
User is required to send signed G.A.R. 33 as a physical copy to Drawing and Disbursement Officer, Ministry of Corporate Affairs on the below mentioned address:
Sh. Shyam Sunder, Deputy Director, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Room No. 508A, 5th Floor, "A" Wing, Shastri Bhawan, Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi - 110001.
After receipt of the G.A.R. 33, a refund Cheque shall be prepared and sent to user.